Friday, June 14, 2013

Bettie Page Clothing Store Trip

Recently, my mom and I took the 7 hour drive from suburban Chicago to Minneapolis for the sole purpose of hitting up the Bettie Page Clothing store in the Mall of America. We were crazy and headed straight for the mall, shopped until we couldn't anymore, then headed to the hotel for dinner and sleep, only to head home first thing in the morning. Never making a trip like that again! Two nights next time.

I tried on a bunch of stuff, but didn't have much money to play with. I took pictures of most of what I tried on, but I think I missed one or two. I got sweaty. Note that what follows are cell phone quality pictures taken in a poorly lit fitting room.


I tried this dress on because my co-worker Rhonda really liked it. I wasn't a great fan of it on the site, and despite the huge smile, I liked it even less on. (Honestly, I think was just so excited to be there in the presence of all those beautiful pieces!)

BPC calls it the Side Effect dress. It can be found here and is currently $120.


I LOVED this skirt, but it weighs about 5 pounds. Not ideal considering it's the beginning of summer. I strongly considered getting it, but passed.

BPC calls it the Classmate skirt. It can be found here and is currently $85.


I grabbed this skirt because I figured I might as well try on everything (or at least half of everything). I fell in love with it once I put it on. This is one of the pieces I ended up getting. The print is a cute tropical style with little parrots. It's lightweight and the lining fabric is so lush that it feels cool (temperature) on my skin. A great buy for summer, and it will still work with tights.

BPC calls it the Fly Away skirt. It can be found here and is currently $73.


At one time, I wanted this dress in green SO BADLY. I'll admit, I'm glad I never got it. It makes my shoulders look round and droopy, and me look short in general. Also, it weighs about 10 pounds. If it opened in front, it would make a great coat. Needless to say, I didn't buy it.

BPC calls this the Secretary Circle. This looks like full-length sleeves, but I can only find a 3/4-length version online. Don't know if that's a fit thing or an actual thing. It can be found here and is currently $130.


I didn't want to take too many "touristy" shots while I was in there, but they have a TON of stuff that isn't on their website. They have clothes from other brands, accessories galore, and all kinds of random Bettie Page paraphernalia. I impressed one of the salespeople by recognizing these handbags as Lux De Ville just by looking through the glass. They also have shoes. So tempted by the shoes.


In the end, I purchased this outfit. There isn't a fitting room shot of the sweater because I got a different size than what I tried on. It is their Pullover Sweater, and has limited availability in their outlet here. I purchased it for $30, but it looks like it's $28 now.


Unrelated to the store itself, here are a few more pics from the trip. (click to embiggen, they aren't as important!)
An amazing cupcake from the Mall called "Mad Cow." It is a dark chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting and those lovely chocolate pieces.

Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Mozzarella and basil stuffed chicken with strawberry sauce, plus mashed potatoes and fresh cooked veggies. So good.

 Stuffed bear in a restaurant in Tomah, WI, where we stopped for lunch on the way up.

And finally, my shopping outfit! All ModCloth except the leggings. (Sorry, my mom cut the shoes out of the shot)

1 comment: