Saturday, November 23, 2013

Review: Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

So, it's been a while!

I've been MIA, I know, and please forgive me. Eaten by the homework monster, mostly, as I get ready to student teach and have my own classroom - eep! But I just had to share with you my review of the Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation, which I received complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

I don't normally even wear foundation, but I thought, what the heck, I'd give it a try.

Yeah, this may be one of the many times I've applied my makeup in the car...

So first, let's talk pros: 
  • It goes on light and blends easily, which is good if you're in a hurry and/or don't like to spend a lot of time on your makeup, like me. Fellow lazy girls, rejoice! 
  • It stays where you put it and doesn't seem to melt off when I get a little sweaty or rub off throughout the day.
  • It covers blemishes fairly well, so that I didn't need an extra concealer!
  • It didn't break out or irritate my sensitive skin.
Doing your face in the car: the height of laziness, or the height of challenge?


Now for the cons:
  • It's really not my first choice for my dry-ish combination skin. It did tend to settle into fine lines and highlight dry patches instead of concealing them. 
  • I found it really necessary to use a moisturizer with this one, which I guess you should always use, but I've been spoiled by my Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream, which is so moisturizing that I don't need extra face lotion before applying it. 
  • Honestly, I can't really evaluate how matte it keeps your face over time, because I don't have problems with shine. (I have more issues with dry flaky bits and redness.) So I have no idea if it's good for this intended purpose or not!
Lastly, I think Stay Matte would work very well for someone with oily skin! It just didn't deliver for my dry skin. While it didn't replace my go-to base, it isn't bad by any means and I will certainly be using it up, maybe as an interim base if I run out of my usual bb cream, or maybe just as a spot concealer for blemishes. 

If you try it, let me know how YOU like it in the comments! (In case we're skin tone twins and you'd like to try the same shade that I have on here, Influenster sent the Light Ivory shade for me to try.) Stay Matte Liquid Mousse will hit shelves in January 2014.

Stay Gorgeous!

-Cattie


No comments:

Post a Comment