Monday, April 15, 2013

Meet Cattie!

Hello there! It's wonderful to meet you. Come here often? (I hope so. Or at least that you will once you see all the marvelous things we have planned for you here!)

Kati already introduced her fab self, and then my lazy bum took two full weeks (oops) to update with my own introduction. But the wait is over! Ta da! So, to begin with the beginning, I've always believed you're never fully dressed without a smile.

Okay, so maybe not. 

But I do now! In fashion, I gravitate toward anything cheery and colorful. For years I hid in shapeless, dark-colored clothes because I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin. It's an ongoing journey, but I've started dressing my outside to look more like my inside lately, which means colorful, joyful outfits that make me happy.

My recent fashion project has been figuring out what to pair with skirts. I love them, but I never seem to know what to wear with 'em. I haven't had great luck finding a button-down that will a.) fit over my boobs and b.) not hang like a tent everywhere else, and it seems like tees are just too casual. But a friend recently suggested adding a cardigan or a pretty scarf, and it was like, duh, why didn't I think of that? 





Basic skirt + colorful tee + cardigan + optional cute necklace = outfit success! (Uh, ignore the TOMS; they're comfy.) I think I can see myself using this handy little formula more often, especially on lazy days. It's a nice jeans-and-tee alternative!


The wind was picking up and people were already looking at me like I was a weirdo, so I decided to do a little twirling. This skirt is GREAT for twirling. 




And there ain't no being sad while twirling. :) So I started my day off a happy girl. How is your day going? (If it's going stinkily, I suggest adding twirling. Have I said "twirling" enough so that it's lost all its meaning yet? Twirling. Twirling. Twiiiiirling. I get a tiny bit dizzy just writing it.) 

Tee: Target (from ages ago)
Cardigan: ModCloth
Skirt: eShakti
Shoes: TOMS
Necklace: Etsy

I hope you're having a fantastic Monday, and that the rest of the week will put even more stars in your eyes!

-c

5 comments:

  1. That skirt is seriously adorable! The color combo is great! I can't wait to read more from you both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I love it, too - it even has a little stretchy panel in the back for a perfect fit.

      Good to have you here!

      -c

      Delete
  2. Love the skirt and the color combination too! And I am totally ignoring the TOMS. I know you have more fashion sense than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And, you know, I actually think TOMS can look cute with some skirts and dresses and lend a casual vibe to something that may otherwise look too dressy. :) Maybe it was a miss this time.

      Delete
  3. i think the toms look pretty cute with that outfit!

    ReplyDelete