Monday, April 29, 2013

Try Something New!! Or not....

Hello, my lovlies!!!

Several times a year, ModCloth has a special "Stylish Surprise" sale in which they sell their overstock for super cheap prices. The only catch is that you have no idea what you are going to get until you get it. I've had various amounts of success with this sale in the past, and when it came around again in March, I couldn't resist. I've been pretty broke lately, but I allowed myself one item: a pair of shoes. Imagine my surprise when the package weighed 3.2 pounds. For ONE pair of shoes. I figured they must have been boots or something. I was again surprised when the package arrived and I opened it and found these:


Not my style at all. AT. ALL.

I shared the picture on my Facebook account, and our friend Lolo (she's funny, check her out) volunteered to take them off my hands. Amazing luck. I couldn't let them out of my hands without styling them once, though, so here it is! (BTW, I also took these pictures myself by balancing my camera precariously without actually having a functioning tripod. Hence the weird.)

I made a tunic longer by adding a skirt underneath it. 
This even convinced a guy that it was all one piece!


It's possible this is a cover of a terrible 80s movie.


"Oh, hey! These shoes are hard to walk in. Let me sit."


Overall, I say try things that are out of your comfort zone, 
but be aware if something is TOO far out of your comfort zone. 


Top: Simply Be
Cardigan: I've had it for so long, I don't remember
Leggings: Old Navy
Shoes: ModCloth Stylish Surprise


Extra shot of me trying to set up the camera. What's with the face?


5 comments:

  1. "It's possible this is a cover of a terrible 80s movie." - Starring Molly Ringwald? Just kidding, you're much cuter :)

    That tunic is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major props for even attempting these for 5 minutes. I would break my neck! Totally fooled me on the tunic, too. I thought it was a cute dress. Well played.

    ♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above! These shoes would be hard to pull off! But ... I think you did a great job! They look so cute with your outfit even if they are sorta unwearable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those shoes look great with that outfit. And I thought it was a dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the same thing with a skirt under a short dress or tunic. It has fooled people into thinking it was one piece.

    I like how you styled the shoes. But they do look difficult to walk in. How is Lolo doing with them?

    ReplyDelete